Sunday, June 10, 2012

Yeah, it will be ok, do nothing today


Another weekend flies by, leaving behind naught but a few happy memories and a refrigerator full of food.

Actually that’s a pretty good deal, isn’t it?


Saturday, I attended a dinner party and gorged on some decidedly non-primal foods (Naan! Beer! Cake! More beer!). Those will be my last indulgences before starting my second Whole 30 on Tuesday, which I am pretty excited for. I feel like the first time I didn’t benefit as much as I could have due to the over-consumption of apples-with-almond-butter. I’m talking like 3 a day (at least), in addition to a giant grapefruit with breakfast and banana slices topped with more almond butter and sprinkled with coconut. I was a fruit addict, but I’ve finally broken the habit the only way I know how; I stopped buying fruit. It is exceedingly difficult to overeat foods when they aren’t actually in your house. I’ve abstained for a few weeks now (save for frozen green bananas, which I use in shakes), so I’ve decided to try Whole 30 again.

I usually judge how hot it is by the consistency of my coconut oil.
Today, I cooked for the week, which is never a pleasant experience in an 85 degree house. I made a frittata, poached a bunch of chicken, and made a giant batch of these curry meatballs for the week. That may be my favorite recipe on the PaleOMG website, which is saying something. Today also marked the beginning of Stage Two of my NROL regimen. I’m pretty sure I looked ridiculous in my attempt to do the one-point dumbbell row. I have terrible balance, and flailing around 17.5 pound hand weights does nothing to help that.

Even my cat is judging me on how lazy I've been this weekend.
Otherwise my weekend was quite chill. I ate a chocolate bar that I’m pretty sure I earned on my hellish week alone, and I did no school work. It was glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment