Monday, July 2, 2012

Lemony-Tahini Kale Salad

It it H-O-T in St. Louis. It's been H-O-T for the past week, and will continue to be H-O-T for the next week. I want to live in my sports bra and gym shorts. In fact, I want to live in my refrigerator.



Definitely one of my least favorite parts about working in a lab is that I need to wear jeans every day. It doesn't help that my calves have been getting HUGE over the past couple months. It look me some awkward maneuvering to climb into my freshly-washed skinny jeans this morning. 


Anyway, with all this heat I have been avoiding turning on the oven like the plague. I've also been avoiding eating hot food in general and have pretty much been living off salads and smoothies. I had a very non-primal weekend (beer, chips, and brownies, oh my!), so I'm also trying to detox a bit. I swear I used to be able to eat like this and barely feel it. Now I'm still feeling funky three days later. I guess it's worth it though, since I feel so much better for most of the rest of the time.


Anyway have a salad recipe. It's really good, I promise.


Lemony-Tahini Kale Salad


  • Two bunches of kale
  • 1/4 red onion
  • 1 pint blueberries
  • 1 cup walnuts
  • Juice from 1 lemon
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup Trader Joe's tahini sauce
  • 1 Tbs honey (optional)
  • Salt and pepper
  1. Rip up kale into small pieces. Wash and dry well in a salad spinner.
  2. Thinly slice onion and sprinkle with salt. Add to kale
  3. Add blueberries and walnuts
  4. Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, tahini sauce, honey
  5. Dress salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment