Sunday, June 17, 2012

Paleo Indian Food + City Museum = Good Times


Another weekend ends without a toe being put in the lab. I guess it is inevitable that once classes are over, I’d have more time to get my lab work done during the week and can therefore have a few weekends off. But I still feel like a slacker. As a matter of fact, I’m still not used to coming home after my 9 hour days and not having to spend the rest of the night doing homework. Not that I’m complaining; I reserve my complaining for when I have too much work, not too little.



My friend's roomate's puppy. At least until I steal him.
This weekend was a blast. Food was cooked and eaten, puppies and kitties were played with, and knees and elbows were abused. Before you get any ideas about that last bit, a group of us went to City Museum last night. Somehow, the past two times I went there I was wearing a skirt/dress and couldn’t quite bring myself to crawl through the caves or up the giant slinky (I did go down the 10-story slide though; I have no shame). This time I wore shorts, which allowed me the peace of mind to explore just about everywhere, but also offered up no protection from the elements. Now all my pointy bits look like I army-crawled through about a mile of rocky, underground terrain and then fell out of a giant hamster wheel. Because I did.

Dramatic reenactment of my failure.

It was awesome.

My friend and I cooked up the food last night that a bunch of us ate. I planned the menu, so it was all paleo! Well, except for a tiny bit of rice that made it to my plate in a moment of weakness. And the beer, obviously. Nobody’s perfect.

Paleo Menu: Indian Food





I made a few adjustments to these recipes to paleo-fy them. All the proportions were the same, but I used a light-tasting olive oil for cooking and swapped the white potatoes for sweet potatoes in the aloo gobi, which everyone seemed to really love.

No comments:

Post a Comment