Friday, June 8, 2012

All work and no play makes Chelsea something something


It’s definitely been one of those weeks at school. For the past few days, I’ve been running experiments for 15+ hours in the lab and crawling into bed immediately upon returning home, only to roll out a few short hours later and head into the lab to start again. As a result, I’ve been falling prey to overeating and eating the wrong things; the free cookies at coffee break, several cups of trail mix over the course of a few hours while sitting in my office in an exhausted stupor. And over the past few days I’ve managed to squeeze in just one meager workout, which I’m pretty sure I sleep-walked (is that the right tense? Or is it slept-walked?) through because I can’t seem to remember a thing.



Unfortunately, this means that my Fitness Friday is more of a Fit-less Friday (also a Wit-less Friday, in case the lame puns haven’t made that clear enough already). Next week I will write up a little about my NROL program, as I am just now finishing up Stage 1. For now, here’s a recipe for my absolute favorite post-workout fuel. It has everything you could ask for: Protein! Caffeine! Carbs! Caffeine! Caffeine! Caffeine! Seriously though, it tastes just like a Frappuccino.

Mocha Protein Shake



  • 5-6 Coffee ice cubes
    • Recipe: pour coffee into ice cube tray, freeze.
  • 1+ cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    • I start with 1 cup, then add more to your desired consistency as it’s blending.
    • But not AS it’s blending, obviously, as I imagine results could be disastrous.
    • Please turn off the blender first.
  • Two big spoonfuls of plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 small frozen banana, cut into pieces
  • ¾ scoop vanilla whey protein
  • 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder


  1. Add everything to blender.
  2. Blend.
  3. Drink in fancy cold to-go cup. It just tastes better than way.


No comments:

Post a Comment